Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Free Spirit the second which makes the grade (in my opinion)

Another day has passed
A hundred times again i'm asked
To change who i am

A hundred reasons given
None move me
I still hold on

She asked why i continue living this way lonely
She said she loved me
But why i have to be so strange

Because i live the way i want to
Because i am who i want to be
A hundred scars i carry on my sleeve
But the pain never leaves me
It never leaves me

Like the dream in my head
That refuses to melt
I hold on to mere strands (of hope)
Hoping someday someone understands

No emotions cross my face
She's begging me to change
She'll give me one more chance
I'm sorry i can't lose who i am

I live the way i want to
I am who i want to be
A hundred scars i carry on my sleeve
But the pain still haunts me
The pain still haunts me

Yeah i live the way i want to
Yes i am who i want to be
A hundred scars i carry on my sleeve
But the pain still haunts me
(The pain still haunts me
The pain still taunts me)

No comments: