Thursday, March 25, 2010

despair

How i remember those days when we kids would read proudly of our country being the largest democracy in the world. We would beam with pride on hearing words like freedom, sovereignty, liberty and likewise.

I now realise that it was all a facade. How we as kids are brainwashed into believing that everything is alright around us. I used to be proud to be born in a country where everybody gets equal opportunity, everybody is free to speak out their ideas and everybody would be a happy person if they study nicely for 20 odd years. Today i'm ashamed of this country for what it has to offer.

After all how can i be happy with a country which has brought a seemingly bright individual into inches of collapse. I fight my own mind trying to ward off the growing feeling of defeat that has taken hold of my brain. It seems that i'm nothing but a person lost.

I've lost hope for everything. I can't seem to make myself believe that someday i might be a happy man. My heart's filled with despair and ending this all seems to be the easiest way out. But, somehow i've convinced myself that the easiest choice is never the right one, so i live on trying to find a reason to exist.

No comments: